A boy who fell of his bike has died after contracting a flesh-eating bacteria, proving that no one is safe from this frightening illness.
It was just an ordinary bike right for 8-year-old Liam Flanagan in Pilot Rock, Oregon as he went for a ride on his bike. And although painful, it was quite an ordinary spill when he crashed his bike and went home with nothing more than a few painful bruises.
But just a few days later, little Liam was dead, and scientists believe it was because he somehow contract a rare flesh-eating disease. It is called necrotizing fasciitis, and it is bacterial infection that targets the body’s soft tissues. The results are often fatal.
Liam crashed his bike while riding down a hill in the Spring Creek area, and the handlebar of the bicycled slashed his jeans, requiring an emergency medical room visit for stitches. It seems like fairly routine wound, and Liam did not even seem that bother about it. The hospital discharges him with instructions on treating the wound.
But in the coming days, things got worse, prompting a return visit to the hospital. It took only days for things to get much worse, with severe pains in his groind. The disease took over his body, and soon after, he was dead.