A man was found dead after he apparently had an accident while playing a virtual reality game, showing the dangers of the platform.
A Russian man has died after having an accident playing a virtual reality game, according to reports. The man, who was 44, was found dead in his apartment while still wearing his VR goggles after it appeared he slipped and fell on a glass table, cutting himself.
Police think massive blood loss was the cause of death, and the game he was playing may not have been correctly formatted to fit his apartment, causing him to run into the table. It’s an indication that the dangers of virtual reality goggles should not be ignored, and one should be very careful before attempting to play while wearing them.
There are other risks, such as virtual reality sickness that are often experienced by VR users. People can get a form of motion sickness, feeling nausea, headaches, and even vomiting. Experts think that the brain becomes confused by the apparent movement but because the inner ear doesn’t feel any movement, there is confusion.